Where is defined "$L.can.retract" variable?

I'm making changes to Change management and would like to get "Retract" option to Approval phase, now there is only "Approve" or "Deny". Where is defined that the operator can Retract an approval?

After this I'm planning to make changes to the process so that after "Retract", change is automatically send back to Planning phase so that Coordinator can make needed updates to the Change record before next approval round. What do you think about this kind of process?

Parents
  • The option to "Retract" is not displayed unless the logged in user has previously approved or denied the change (or the approval group of which they are a member has done so).

If the user has not yet Approved/Denied, then the retract option will not, and should not display.

I don't think the proposed flow is consistent with the function of the Retract option in the system. Retract is used to undo a previous Approval action. To remove a previous Denial, for example so that the approver than then Approve the change. It does not mean "cancel the submission for approval and move back phases".

• The option to "Retract" is not displayed unless the logged in user has previously approved or denied the change (or the approval group of which they are a member has done so).

If the user has not yet Approved/Denied, then the retract option will not, and should not display.

I don't think the proposed flow is consistent with the function of the Retract option in the system. Retract is used to undo a previous Approval action. To remove a previous Denial, for example so that the approver than then Approve the change. It does not mean "cancel the submission for approval and move back phases".

Children