How to create Java script to unload and load a specific .unl in HP service manager

Can anyone provide or help how to create a java script that can load and unload a specific unl file in HPSM.

Parents
  • What's the goal?  You can schedule a load/unload using the normal database unload manager.  Why do you need this added to a Javascript?  What's the goal of the improvement?

• Hi Jacob,

I want to perform this because My requirement is to automatically load and unload .unl file without using hpsm gui.

I want to execute load and unload using command line sm.exe.

The purpose of this is to automate the full deployment process of HP service manager backup and roll back as well.

• Right - I sort of got that part.  I figured you were asking because you wanted to load records.  My question is _why_?  If you're creating an integration between two HPSM systems, there's much easier, more robust, more established ways of doing it than writing something custom to load unload files.  I'm trying to imagine the scenario where you'd have someone using the unload manager to perform actions.  

The Text Import wizard - sure, I could see how you'd want to potentially give users access to that, or run that on some kind of schedule.  But even then, there's better ways of performing an integration to load records.

So the question isn't _what_ are you doing?  (loading records)  The question is, what is the scenario where this makes sense to do?  Why are you doing it?  Getting an understanding about that will allow us all to be more helpful than building something custom to load unload files using Javascript instead of the GUI.

• Right - I sort of got that part.  I figured you were asking because you wanted to load records.  My question is _why_?  If you're creating an integration between two HPSM systems, there's much easier, more robust, more established ways of doing it than writing something custom to load unload files.  I'm trying to imagine the scenario where you'd have someone using the unload manager to perform actions.  

The Text Import wizard - sure, I could see how you'd want to potentially give users access to that, or run that on some kind of schedule.  But even then, there's better ways of performing an integration to load records.

So the question isn't _what_ are you doing?  (loading records)  The question is, what is the scenario where this makes sense to do?  Why are you doing it?  Getting an understanding about that will allow us all to be more helpful than building something custom to load unload files using Javascript instead of the GUI.

Children
No Data