different "related" menu behavior based on type of ticket

When our users click on the submenu in an incident ticket and go to "related->changes->open", it will open a new change, but first ask them what category of change they want to open. This is fine and is the desired behavior, but when they perform the same action while in a change ticket (relate a change to a change), it auto assumes the category you currently have selected is the one you want so no category selection window appears. What could be the cause of this and an even better answer is, where is this behavior defined? I'd like to know how to modify the related menu actions anyways so this would be a good opportunity to learn more about that. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Parents
  • Hey sorry I haven't been getting back to you. I'm looking at the display options for change and incidents and they are different from a condition standpoint but all of them have the "Action" of openchg so I'm wondering if the action is where I need to look next. What is an action and where do I modify it at? I believe it's a custom action based on not being available in the drop down. Thanks again.
  • Hey sorry I haven't been getting back to you. I'm looking at the display options for change and incidents and they are different from a condition standpoint but all of them have the "Action" of openchg so I'm wondering if the action is where I need to look next. What is an action and where do I modify it at? I believe it's a custom action based on not being available in the drop down. Thanks again.
Children
No Data