Service Manager Upgrade 9.2 from 7.11

Hi All

We are looking at upgrading to Service Manager 9.2

Wanted to know....

1 - What companies out there are on this latest version and what issues you have experience during and post upgrade?

2 - What type of timeline did you have for the upgrade?

Thanks!!

Parents
  • Hi

Quite a big and broad question :-)

1. We are upgrading a customer to 9.21 (I would not go for 9.20 only if you have not yet started).

What issues we see? Well the usual ones that you have on upgrades. You will have to be more specific in what you want to hear about. Maybe drop me a forum mail if you want to chat about the approach we take.

2. Timeline is around 200hours effort. This is though really depending on how much customisation and how much data modification/move you have to do. Another estimation for another setup we have done is on 350h.

On the other hand some other times for our own development environment:

- upgrade from 9.20 to 9.21  --> 1 day

- upgrade from 7.11 to 9.20 --> ca 2 weeks

Cheers

Philipp

• Hi

Quite a big and broad question :-)

1. We are upgrading a customer to 9.21 (I would not go for 9.20 only if you have not yet started).

What issues we see? Well the usual ones that you have on upgrades. You will have to be more specific in what you want to hear about. Maybe drop me a forum mail if you want to chat about the approach we take.

2. Timeline is around 200hours effort. This is though really depending on how much customisation and how much data modification/move you have to do. Another estimation for another setup we have done is on 350h.

On the other hand some other times for our own development environment:

- upgrade from 9.20 to 9.21  --> 1 day

- upgrade from 7.11 to 9.20 --> ca 2 weeks

Cheers

Philipp

Children
  • Most companies are working with some SDLC in place a and requirements for project plans.  I've always thought that a vendor software upgrade should come with a high level project plan or steps to make it easier for us to communicate with our management of the steps it takes to upgrade a product.  I know I will have to read the documents and create my own, but, I bet we are all having to do the same.  Why reinvent?  Anyone have a project plan they'd like to share?