File records in Format Control

I am adding a new module to my system called PACR. In this module I am adding activity records. I was able to add activity records to Configuration Management doing a javascript comparison between $file and $file0 inside format control. However in the new module PACR the $file0 is full of null values. I checked "Save Copy" in format control but the record's($file0) properties are all null values.

Is there a place the $file0 is being assigned values in other module Format Controls or is there a location the value should be assigned like in other modules?

Parents
  • You can define $file0  manually by adding the initialization expression:

$junk=fduplicate($file0,$file)

I have, however, run into some problems with newer releases with this approach, but by moving the expression for the first line of the FC calulations section, then setting it to execute on Initial display only, it worked reliably.

• You can define $file0  manually by adding the initialization expression:

$junk=fduplicate($file0,$file)

I have, however, run into some problems with newer releases with this approach, but by moving the expression for the first line of the FC calulations section, then setting it to execute on Initial display only, it worked reliably.

Children
  • I tried that and in RAD debugger the file0 value shows it is full of the current record being displayed. However the issue is once I hit the Save button the values become null.  So I'm thinking it's somewhere between the action, displayoption and process, any ideas where it might be getting wiped?

Edit:
    I'm calling a subroutine where I call a script.execute and I created a script that uses the file varilables. Is there a way to use these variables in the script? I set it up in device to use a subroutine calling a Scripts that uses this RAD statement and uses the variables correctly $L.rc=jscall("SIConfigActivity.createActivity", $file, $file0, operator())

Also inside notifications the $L.file.save is null as well. I am getting the feling I missed a process or a environment variable somewhere?