We are having HP SM v9.20
Time zone: US / Pacific
change requests 'pending approval' and is scheduled to be implemented in the next 24 hrs. If there is any,
it triggers a notification to the assignee or coordinator of the change.
So far for the last 1 year, I havent had any issues with this script (its a straight forward script). Now in the
last week, one of the user reported that date in the email is not matching with the date in the change record.
The date in the email is showing GMT timestamp, whereas our application is on US/Pacific timezone.
I had checked the operator record of the user to see if his timezone value is set to other than US/Pacific , its rightly
set to PST.
I tried logging the date values for each change request in the log, it all correctly shows the PST hours. I added my
email address to verify if its happening always. The very next day, i got the emails and it were all reflecting right
PST values. I ran the schedule manually and it all generated emails with the right timezone date values.
Yesterday, while verifying the emails , all the emails are having GMT timestamp. I am amazed as I am not able to find a logical
reasoning for this issue. When I ran the schedule manually, it again generated emails with the right timestamp values.
Attached is the script which gets triggered by the schedule.