unrecoverable error while applying the custom patch

Experts, 

I am dong the upgrade from SM9.20 to SM9.41 

My path of upgrade is SMv9.20 -- SMv9.31

SMv9.31 -- SMV9.31PD

SMv9.31 PD -- SMv9.41 P4

We did the upgrade in development environemnt and created the custom patch. 

I did the upgrade in QA environment and it was successful. Now before the production move, i am trying to repeat the upgrade in one of a sandbox environment.. 

I am able to upgrade the application till SM v9.31 PDCP3.

While trying to upgrade from SMv9.31 PD3 to SMv9.41 P4, i am getting the error while applying the custom patch .

The record being added contains a NULL key (message,add.schedule)
file:(schedule) key:(schedule.id=) (message,add.schedule)
Key #7 is empty. (message,add.schedule)
Invalid connection type (apm.upgrade.import,connect.qsam)
unable to open connection (apm.upgrade.import,connect.file)
unable to open connection (apm.upgrade.import,connect.default)
Unrecoverable error in application:  sm.upgrade.ux on panel call.apply.upgrade
Unrecoverable error in application:  apm.upgrade.wizard.ux on panel load.upgrade.inf
Unrecoverable error in application:  apm.upgrade.load.objects on panel load.upgrade.inf
Parents Reply Children
  • Experts,

    I am on HP SM 931 PDCP3 and moving to HP SM 9.41P4 Hybrid. 

    In my development and UAT environment, I was not having any issue while doing the application upgrade from 9.31PD3 to 9.41 P4.  I read about the below article when I recieved the error during upgrade in my new environment.  Can you please tell me if I still could apply this patch before my custom upgrade patch ? .

    https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM01824722

    Thx

    Dev.

  • The record being added contains a NULL key (message,add.schedule) file:(schedule) key:(schedule.id=) (message,add.schedule) Key #7 is empty. (message,add.schedule) Invalid connection type (apm.upgrade.import,connect.qsam) unable to open connection (apm.upgrade.import,connect.file) unable to open connection (apm.upgrade.import,connect.default)
  • Verified Answer

    I was able to fix this issue. Issue Reason : I am moving from HP Sm v9.20 to V9.41 hybrid. The interim hop was on Sm9.31 & Sm9.31 PDCP3 . The error was pointing me to take a look at the filename from the patch folder. I tried to test the apm.upgrade.import rad application by proving the arguments manually from the RAD application and it was failing at the script library. On further digging, upgradeFileHelper scriptLibrary is building the ' .inf' file . The gl variable $G.pd.change.enabled was going false for me and it was creating the wrong file name . After correcting it my chaging the workflowLocation field on the object record of cm3r to category, issue got fixed.