Creating Service Catalog Interaction through web service

Hi Experts,

I need to integrate HPSM with HR System through Web Service to be able to created a service catalog bundle for new employee to a new employee. 

Is that applicable and if yes i need to know how to go through this task? 

Appreciate your support

• Hi Mohamed,

Yes it's applicable and feasible.

1: You need to configure your Service Catalog Item appropiatelly. The demo data comes with a lot of good examples. Before go to the step 2 make sure its working using regular user interface.

2: You can use the OOB Service Catalog Interface (ServiceCatalogAPI) to create the request, it requires 3 requests: create the cart, add the Item to the cart and submit the cart. 

• Dear BrenoApreu,

i think your solution apply if we have the services in cart type but if we have non cart services is this solution apply? 

Also, under the ServiceCatalogAPI i found more that configured web service which one i'll use to configure the feature?

Appreciate your feedback

• The solution also applies for your case, the structure is the same.. the only difference when the item is Non-Cart is that you will not be able (at least you should not, I never tried using WS) to add more than one Catalog Item in the same cart.

The operations you should use are: CreateCartRequest, AddItemToCartViaOrderRequest and CreateSubmitCartRequest.
    There is no mystery to fill them.. you may want to use get operations to see the fields filled and their WS format or you can take a look directly at the tables svcCart and svcCartItem.
    If you are using the user selections (dynamic fields) for this catalog it's a must, considering the data is saved in an XML format.

I advise you to use SOAP UI to create a project by importing the WSDL and then test the functions.

----

The solution above keeps you closer to the OOB. You could also create directly the request or you could even create a totally custom function and expose it as an operation. The function would have the responsibility to do all the work...the limit would be your imagination.

• The solution also applies for your case, the structure is the same.. the only difference when the item is Non-Cart is that you will not be able (at least you should not, I never tried using WS) to add more than one Catalog Item in the same cart.

The operations you should use are: CreateCartRequest, AddItemToCartViaOrderRequest and CreateSubmitCartRequest.
    There is no mystery to fill them.. you may want to use get operations to see the fields filled and their WS format or you can take a look directly at the tables svcCart and svcCartItem.
    If you are using the user selections (dynamic fields) for this catalog it's a must, considering the data is saved in an XML format.

I advise you to use SOAP UI to create a project by importing the WSDL and then test the functions.

----

The solution above keeps you closer to the OOB. You could also create directly the request or you could even create a totally custom function and expose it as an operation. The function would have the responsibility to do all the work...the limit would be your imagination.

• is there any rest api available for to create service catalog interaction to order catalog item in it.

• Hello, do you tell me the solution please.

Thanks a lot