How is logged off a S.M. user when the user close the I.Explorer window?

Hi, I have a question : How is logged off a S.M. the user close the I.Explorer window?

#PARAMETROS DE TIMEOUT

sessiontimeout:30

heartbeatinterval:60

I need to understand sessiontimeout, heartbeatInterval and inactivity ...How they work toghether

In Service Manager 9.34, I've a timeout of 30 minutes (this means that, after 30 min. idle, the user session ends with a logged off)

But ¿what happens if the user (connected with a web client with I.Explorer 11) closes the I.Explorer? I see the user logged on  in the syslog table  and  , for example,  with 15 min. PID idle  in System Status

S.M. will not logged off that session until the idle time arrives to 30 min.  or  there's some signal from the web client/I.Explorer that tells SM about the "closed windows/I.Explorer?

Best Regards,  

• Verified Answer

Hello Norita,

hope you are doing fine,

please take a look:

Startup parameter: sessiontimeout

Startup parameters change the behavior of the HP Service Manager server. You can always set a startup parameter from the server's operating system command prompt.

Parameter

sessiontimeout

Description

This parameter defines the number of minutes that the server waits for a client heartbeat signal before the server assumes that the client session has timed out and closes the connection.

The client sends a heartbeat signal to the server every 15 seconds or as defined by the heartbeatinterval parameter.

Valid if set from

Server's operating system command prompt

Initialization file (sm.ini)

Requires restart of the Service Manager server?

Yes

Default value

Possible values

Number of minutes

Example usage

Command line: sm -httpPort:13080 -sessiontimeout:3

Initialization file: sessiontimeout:3

Parameter: heartbeatinterval

Startup parameters change the behavior of the HP Service Manager server. You can always set a startup parameter from the server's operating system command prompt.

Parameter

heartbeatinterval

Description

This parameter controls the client heartbeat frequency. If the server does not receive a heartbeat from the client within the time-out limit as defined by the sessiontimeout parameter, the server terminates the client. All unsaved data is lost and the client must establish a new connection. Windows client users can also set the value of this parameter from their local clients by using the Windows > Preferences menu.

Valid if set from

Server's operating system command prompt

Initialization file (sm.ini)

Requires restart of the Service Manager server?

Yes

Default value

15 seconds

Possible values

Number of seconds

Example usage

Command line: sm -httpPort:13080 -heartbeatinterval:60

Initialization file: heartbeatinterval:60

Now, if you leave the sesion on, and just close your explorer the session will still open and follow the settings stablished for the parameters, it means that if you close the explorer the session won't ends, you need to logout manually or wait the 30 minutes.