Can't find where the validation is being called

This is a very customized solution and I understand the question is a little bit general. There is a form that on saving, it opens a subform asking for input from the operator while showing a message. The message exists in the scmsg table. I need to deactivate this validation. It is not in the FC, its not a script, no links or subroutines. I tried the *afind.string but was unable to find any triggers or whatnot showing where the message number 150 is being called.

• Hi,

What version of SM are you using?  Is it a version with process designer, or not?

I would probably also check for a RuleSet, or if you have a form name to search for, check for a wizard that might call it and if that fails then perhaps try *afindall, which will search everywhere, instead of *afind.string, where you have to specify a file to search in.  But be aware, *afindall can take quite awhile to return results.

Audrey

• Check the process im.save; What I like to do in such cases is enable a debug (dynamic if your version supports). You will get in 5 minutes what is happening.
  •  

Hi,

Can  you explain to me a little more what is dynamic debugging.  I am using version 9.63

• Verified Answer

Sure: go to system status, find your session. there, put S on the first column, execute, then there is a button like "Send Debug Information", click on it, on RTM put 5. The trace will be enabled just for you session. 

What I suggest you to do, is access the IM where the issue happens, have it on your screen and enable the trace using the steps I provided bellow. When the validation message appears you stop to do any action in SM; you just copy the log file and look for the validation, when you find it you start to check the lines above it to find which object raise it.

• Verified Answer

Sure: go to system status, find your session. there, put S on the first column, execute, then there is a button like "Send Debug Information", click on it, on RTM put 5. The trace will be enabled just for you session. 

What I suggest you to do, is access the IM where the issue happens, have it on your screen and enable the trace using the steps I provided bellow. When the validation message appears you stop to do any action in SM; you just copy the log file and look for the validation, when you find it you start to check the lines above it to find which object raise it.

• You are always a great help to the community.  Thanks!