Unable to send external mails using email notifications

Hi Guys,

I have setup some database rules to send emails to requestors etc. This works fine when I am sending mails to clients on our internal mail server but I am not able to send mails externally to another domain for which a workgroup has been setup for. for example, internal mail server is jnbs.com which I do not have a problem sending to. but when I send a problem to nem.com the users do not receive any notifications. If I log into the mail account that is setup for service desk and send the email to someone @ nem.com. They receive the mail.

I need some assistance with this

Thanks
Parents
  • Most likely, you are forced to use your company's email server as a relay because your HP-UX machine is blocked from sending direct to the Internet. You need to make sure that sendmail.cf has your email relay server listed after the DS directive. Look for DS in the file: /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

The DS directive is around line 700-800 in the file. It would look like this:

DSemail.mycompany.com

And none if this will work if your company's email server is not configured to allow your HP-UX system to relay.
  • Most likely, you are forced to use your company's email server as a relay because your HP-UX machine is blocked from sending direct to the Internet. You need to make sure that sendmail.cf has your email relay server listed after the DS directive. Look for DS in the file: /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

The DS directive is around line 700-800 in the file. It would look like this:

DSemail.mycompany.com

And none if this will work if your company's email server is not configured to allow your HP-UX system to relay.
Children
No Data