Unable to send external mails using email notifications

Hi Guys,

I have setup some database rules to send emails to requestors etc. This works fine when I am sending mails to clients on our internal mail server but I am not able to send mails externally to another domain for which a workgroup has been setup for. for example, internal mail server is jnbs.com which I do not have a problem sending to. but when I send a problem to nem.com the users do not receive any notifications. If I log into the mail account that is setup for service desk and send the email to someone @ nem.com. They receive the mail.

I need some assistance with this

Thanks
Parents
  • Openview has nothing to do with email. Now I'm going do some guessing here...you are using mailx or sendmail in a script on your HP-UX box and the mail to some addresses bounces back with delivery errors. If this is true, then edit the sendmail.cf on your HP-UX box.

I'm not sure why you are referring to Openveiw (which is not a product at all, it is a brand name with several dozen products like Node Manager and ITO and Data Protector, etc) unless you are trying to send email from the Openview product. Please clarify...
  • Openview has nothing to do with email. Now I'm going do some guessing here...you are using mailx or sendmail in a script on your HP-UX box and the mail to some addresses bounces back with delivery errors. If this is true, then edit the sendmail.cf on your HP-UX box.

I'm not sure why you are referring to Openveiw (which is not a product at all, it is a brand name with several dozen products like Node Manager and ITO and Data Protector, etc) unless you are trying to send email from the Openview product. Please clarify...
Children
No Data