Show Parent Incident/Problem/Change but not for Request? Why?

Hello Experts,

I am surprised to see there is no option in Request module to view the Parent request from the request tasks like we have for Incident task, problem task and change task. All these have this option from MORE->Show Parent Incident/Problem/Change respectively. Why this is missing in Request? Is there a way i can add this for my need if not provided as built. Because i badly need it for my day to day activities. 

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

USSKT.

Parents
  • Hello, 

I was searching and I found the next KM, it seems that it's related to your concern:

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM00389249

• Hello,
    I am unable to view the doc that you gave in the KM link. It is asking to update "MyEntitlement". Please share the doc by image or someway.

Thanks
    USSKT
  • Verified Answer

The KM is not related to your issue.

If you want exactly same thing: Go to tailoring > Process Designer > Workflow, open the incident Task, click on phase Active, go to tab Actions and take a look at action "Show Parent Incident", it calls the process show.parent.incident.
    Based on this you create one called xyz.show.parent.request adapting to the request module and add it to your request workflow.
    If you are not using workflow for request, no problem, add it the process reference to the state and use it in the display option..
    ---
  • Verified Answer

If you want exactly same thing: Go to tailoring > Process Designer > Workflow, open the incident Task, click on phase Active, go to tab Actions and take a look at action "Show Parent Incident", it calls the process show.parent.incident.
    Based on this you create one called xyz.show.parent.request adapting to the request module and add it to your request workflow.
    If you are not using workflow for request, no problem, add it the process reference to the state and use it in the display option..
    ---
  • Verified Answer

---
Children