RHEL HA Cluster support by HPSM 9.60

Hi All,

we are in the process of building high availability HPSM Application with horizontal scaling.

Does HPSM supprots RHEL HA Cluster?

Please advise,

Thanks,

Naren

• Hello Naden,
    Thanks for your question.

Sizing guide for 9.60 mention the requirements for a HA cluster instalation. Please follow this link: 9.6x Sizing Guide

Hope this helps.
    BR!

• Hi There,

Sizing guide doesn't have any information specific to Service manager server clusitering.

it defines for Service Portal, smart analytics etc...

I have been explicitily looking for HA Configuration approach for SM pllication server in Horizontal scaling.

Thanks,

VND

• I think you want to configure this RHEL HA Cluster for the SM LB, right?
    As far as I know this is not supported. The only supported solution documented is to external LB to remove single point of failure.

I'm not aware about RHEL HA Cluster but HPSM has no specific considerations for active/passive configurations. Active/active probably won't work.
    I myself implemented it on Windows and you see other threads on people that implemented it on AIX.

Even not being supported, it's transparent to the application and in case you need to involve the support to make some troubleshooting regarding other issue, it's just disable it or reproduce the issue in other environment.

Let me know if you need more help and don't forget to return to share the success of this endeavour :)

• I think you want to configure this RHEL HA Cluster for the SM LB, right?
    As far as I know this is not supported. The only supported solution documented is to external LB to remove single point of failure.

I'm not aware about RHEL HA Cluster but HPSM has no specific considerations for active/passive configurations. Active/active probably won't work.
    I myself implemented it on Windows and you see other threads on people that implemented it on AIX.

Even not being supported, it's transparent to the application and in case you need to involve the support to make some troubleshooting regarding other issue, it's just disable it or reproduce the issue in other environment.

Let me know if you need more help and don't forget to return to share the success of this endeavour :)