Message identifying the user locking a record

Hi,

In our Incident Management environment, if a user tries to edit an IM ticket that is in the process of being edited by me, a message comes up on their screen saying "Function not available, requested resource in use by: ahansen". In Request Management when they try to edit a Line Item that is being edited by me the same message comes up, except it says "Function not available, requested resource in use by: unknown user/task". The message itself can be found in the scmessage file, but the last part is a variable, so does anyone know where the users login id is captured from in Request Management, for the purpose of being used in this notification message, or know how I can fix this message in Request Management so it will identify the user as it does in IM?

Audrey Hansen
Parents
  • Hi,

    I did additional testing and discovered that it only happens if I am trying to update the Line Item at the same time as someone is updating the Parent Request (Quote). In all other instances I get the correct message identifying the user who has the record locked, so if someone is in the Parent Request and I try to edit the Parent Request, I get the correct message identifying the locking user's ID and the same if someone is in the Line Item when I try to edit it, or if someone is in the Line Item and I try to edit the Parent Request. In all these instances I get the correct message.

    I will spend a bit more time investigating why this variable is not being populated correctly only in this instance, but I may end up having to contact support. I will let you know what the end result is.

    Thanks very much for your suggestions and help.
Reply
  • Hi,

    I did additional testing and discovered that it only happens if I am trying to update the Line Item at the same time as someone is updating the Parent Request (Quote). In all other instances I get the correct message identifying the user who has the record locked, so if someone is in the Parent Request and I try to edit the Parent Request, I get the correct message identifying the locking user's ID and the same if someone is in the Line Item when I try to edit it, or if someone is in the Line Item and I try to edit the Parent Request. In all these instances I get the correct message.

    I will spend a bit more time investigating why this variable is not being populated correctly only in this instance, but I may end up having to contact support. I will let you know what the end result is.

    Thanks very much for your suggestions and help.
Children
No Data