Service Manager 9.33 with Process Designer 4
I had a request to make all of the fields with a persons name in Change records. I wanted to avoid using a new field, because old records would not display properly. I have 3 fields I need to alter. 2 are new fields and the other is for the change.owner. Here is what I did and what went wrong:
I updated the link record in cm3r for the each of the operator fields (I will use change.owner as my example). All I really altered was everywhere that said, "name", I change to "full.name" (see attached)
This seemed to do the trick. All I had to do was update the open records and the fields displayed the full name. Searching, fill and subforms all worked fine until I realized that those people were not getting emails or alerts. I recreated the rulesets with no success. If I change the full.name back to just name, the emails work.
This did not work either, but after a lot of searching through the forums I tried adding a line to the FC for cm3r:
Add, Upd, Del: not (null(change.owner in $file))
filename: operator (tried "contact" too)
Query: full.name=change.owner in $file