HPSM 9.41 Copy Change & Set Value of a Boolean Field

Hi All,

I am having a very difficult time setting a value when copying a change. Using the process cm.copyopen - Tried using RAD Expressions field.name in $L.file="t" but it refuses to set.. every time I copy a change, it pulls up as NULL.

I tried putting it in the Initial Rad, in the Post Rad in the Process, and in the Display Option where the button is, but nothing I am entering seems to make it to the final copied change.

I know this is just something really simple I am missing, so I am reaching out here after working on this for a few hours..

Thank you!

• Extra note, if I set the value to 't' in the initial change: RAD Debugger: 'x inital.value in $L.file=t' then copy the change, the value stays true in the copy, so I know that the value is not getting unset somewhere further down the line..

>d initial.value in $L.file
    true

Can someone please help me sort out what I am doing wrong when it comes to setting this value in the Display Options or Process: cm.changeopen?

Thank you!

• Verified Answer

Sorry about that, I found the solution.

In the Display Object, in Pre-RAD I put in the following:

inital.value in $L.filed=true

Once I did that, the value would then set when using that Display Option Button.

I got the idea from searching through here a bit more and ran across:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Service-Manager-Service-Center/How-to-clear-a-field-it-s-related-field-using-Javascript/m-p/1117244#M57772

First Reply:

"Example which removes a value from a field named "email" using a Display Option:

RAD syntax (Pre Rad Expressions tab):

email in $L.filed=NULL"

I was just using the wrong syntax.... it was a something very simple indeed...