If you want to search an IP address in UCMDB Browser, OOTB we will have results only for the autocompletion
But the search results will be missing the Ip_address CIs. In the above example for autocompletion we have a generic node and an Ip_address. In the below search results, we have only the node.
To make visible the Ip_address in the search results we need to edit the ranking configuration which provides the rules of what we display as search results.
To do this, follow this steps:
- Got to JMX console
- Invoke method editRankingConfiguration
- Edit the XML output so you will add after line 16 ( <name>configuration_document</name> ) the custom line <name>ip_address</name>
- The output should look like
- Save the resource at the bottom of the page
- Invoke method reindexCiType with parameter ip_address
- Test the IP search in Browser
This is based on the document https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_CMDB:11.0/admin/UCMDBBrowser_t_useCustomAttributesInSearch