Discovery only using first few WMI credentials

Running uCMDB 9.05 with one DFM probe. I have a list of WMI credentials with scope "All probes and Subnets".

Discovery is failing for some systems. When I study the communication log, it seems that only he first 2-3 credentials are tried before the discovery gives up.

If I manually test the credential, it works.
If I rearrange the credentials, it works. But this is not a solution because I don't have one credential that will work for all Windows servers.

Is there some setting that controls how many credentials are tried?

Once a credential works, does the uCMDB/DFM remeber this and maintain an affinity? Or, does it go through the list each time?

Parents
  • Sean;

The order they are examined is the order in the UCMDB User Interface under the credentials section of Data Flow Probe Management.  When a connection is sucessful, a shell CI is created, which contains which credential was sucessful.  This way we don't have to scan through the credentials every time.

You probably have some error, but a valid connection at first with an earlier credential.  Put the communication log here, or log a support case to have it investigated more deeply.

• Sean;

The order they are examined is the order in the UCMDB User Interface under the credentials section of Data Flow Probe Management.  When a connection is sucessful, a shell CI is created, which contains which credential was sucessful.  This way we don't have to scan through the credentials every time.

You probably have some error, but a valid connection at first with an earlier credential.  Put the communication log here, or log a support case to have it investigated more deeply.

Children