HPuCMDB 9.05 integration with BMC Atrium 7.6

Hello,

 

We are using uCMDB 9.05 CUP12.451 with DDM CP 11.09.811 and have configured an integration with BMC AtriumCMDB  7.6 patch 002, using 'Data Push into Atrium' adapter.

 

New CIs are inserted correctly, but when it comes to update a changed CI from uCMDB into Atrium, the following is seen in the Probe's failure log:

 

<2013-07-19 10:38:47,461> [ERROR] [RMI TCP Connection(4)-xx.xx.xx.xx] (?:?) - ['Traceback (most recent call last):\n', '  File "pushToAtrium", line 257, in insertCiToAtrium\n', '  File "pushToAtrium", line 784, in ciNeedsUpdating\n', 'java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.bmc.arsys.api.DataType cannot be cast to com.bmc.arsys.api.DataType\n']

 

So , no CI changes could be pushed from uCMDB into Atrium.

 

Do we have to change anything in the PushtoAtrium.py script?

 

Thanks in advance for your help,

 

Regards,

Konstantin

 

 

  • Verified Answer

    Hi,

    I found that this is a known problem. See http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00433339 for troubleshooting.

    Hope this helps.

  • Hello,

     

    Following the KM00433339  linked, it is pointed out that:

     

    If you see errors of the following types: “… arg can't be coerced to …”,

     

    in our case the ERR msg was like: “… arg can't be cast to …”,

     

    Nevertheless, we believe that this helped us solve the issue:

     

    Duplicated push-adapter.jar While making any of these steps and re-running integration job, make sure no duplicated push-adapter.jar appeared on the Probe. The only location where this jar should reside is <probe_installation_folder>/lib/integrationFramework. All other instances (if any) should be removed.

     

    Actually we found the same state on couple of our DFPs:

     push-adapter.jar was found three times in the following locations:

     

    \...\DataFlowProbe\runtime\probeGateway\discoveryResources\AtriumPushAdapter

    \...\DataFlowProbe\runtime\probeManager\discoveryResources\AtriumPushAdapter

    \...\DataFlowProbe\lib

     

    Removing the push-adapter.jar from above locations and putting it manually in :

    \...\DataFlowProbe\lib\integrationFramework

     

    did the thing.

     

    But, doing it HP way (let's do amazing!), we decided to re-install one of the DFPs, just to make sure we haven't done anything wrong - guess what - push-adapter.jar goes automatic to the following three locations (after clean install of the DFP):

     

    \...\DataFlowProbe\runtime\probeGateway\discoveryResources\AtriumPushAdapter

    \...\DataFlowProbe\runtime\probeManager\discoveryResources\AtriumPushAdapter

    \...\DataFlowProbe\lib

     

    So,  anyway one has to manually remove the push-adapter from there and put it in

    \...\DataFlowProbe\lib\integrationFramework

     

     

    Hope This Helps to anyone with same issue,

     

    Thanks a lot, Dima, for your help!

     

    Regards,

    Konstantin