HP UCMDB - Seeing different CI instances count between reader and writer servers

HP UD 10.20.CUP1.545

UD CP 15.02.169

Hello all,

I've been using the LDAP link to access the UCMDB interface and out of curiosity launched the writer and reader servers separately using their individual URLs.

When I check the CI type manager, i see a difference in the CI instances count (For example, on the writer server I see windows (8022) and on the reader, windows (5935). 

Do you know why this happens and how to sync these numbers to match ?

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Praveen

Parents
  • Hello,

I woudl like to know what is the impact that you are having with this? since are two different systems connected to the same DataBase.  

Also through load balancer can you see the correct amount of CI's?

Thank you,

Kind Reagrds.

• Hi Ricardo,

Appreciate your reply.

Through the load balancer, we see the numbers associated with a specific instance it connects to. Sometimes it is the reader and sometimes it connects to the writer instance.

There is no impact but don't you think data should be the same on both the instances as they are connected to the same DB ?

Will running the configuration wizard again help us ?

Kindly oblige.

Praveen

• I would validate that they are both really using the same database.  Check out the <UCMDB_Install_Dir>\conf\cmdb.conf file to ensure the same DB server and the same instance are being used.  Moreover, check the URL:  http[s]://<UCMDB>:<port>/status to see the other nodes in the cluster and make sure you see all instances that should be connected to the database.

• I would validate that they are both really using the same database.  Check out the <UCMDB_Install_Dir>\conf\cmdb.conf file to ensure the same DB server and the same instance are being used.  Moreover, check the URL:  http[s]://<UCMDB>:<port>/status to see the other nodes in the cluster and make sure you see all instances that should be connected to the database.

Children