How to install UCMDB Data Flow Probe on an environment where the PostgreSQL database must run as an unprivileged user?
To achieve this, please follow the instructions below.
- Use the Data Flow Probe Installer
- When error "...Database can't be initialized..." pops up in the Probe wizard, click "Ignore" and allow the installation to finish.
- Open a DOS shell and run UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\tools\dbscripts\pgInitDb.bat
- Start the Probe DB manually using: "C:\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\pgsql\bin\pg_ctl.exe" -D "C:\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\pgsql\data" start
- Run UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\tools\dbscripts\createProbeDBs.cmd
- Created the Probe DB service using: sc create "UCMDB_Probe_DB" binpath= "C:\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\pgsql\bin\pg_ctl.exe runservice -N "UCMDB_Probe_DB" -D "C:\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\pgsql\data"
- Add a description for the service: sc description "UCMDB_Probe_DB" "UCMDB Data Flow Database"
- Configure automatic startup for this service - this is the Out-of-Box setting: sc config "UCMDB_Probe_DB" start=auto
Micro Focus Software Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please hit the Kudos button, if you find this post useful.