Agentless and Agent Discovery

Hi Team,

I have installed UCMDB/UD 10.33 along with the dataprobe. I have asked the customer to open the dynamic port range i.e. 1024 - 65535 for WMI and 22 for SSH. I  am planning to do the agentless discovery so my question will i get the all the software details if i do an agentless discovery? Can someone explain  me in detail as what are the benifits from agent discovery compared to agentless discovery.

Thanks and Regards

Vinay S Kadival

Parents
  • One of the factors that I typically look at is whether the customer requires software utilization statistics.  If they do, then you will want to install an agent because you will need to reach out to the end nodes and install either the agent or partial agent.  If utilization statistics are not required, you have the option of agentless scanning. 

Bob

• One of the factors that I typically look at is whether the customer requires software utilization statistics.  If they do, then you will want to install an agent because you will need to reach out to the end nodes and install either the agent or partial agent.  If utilization statistics are not required, you have the option of agentless scanning. 

Bob

Children