Hitatchi storage discovery

Hi

we have upgraded UCMDB to 10.22 and CP20. As per release notes Hitatchi discovery is now available via SMI-S. We have tried this discovery but so far we are getting a connection failure. The namespace that is added by default is

HITACHINAMESPACE='root/smis/current'

I found in Hitatchi documentation that another namespace is root/hitachi/smis. So we have temporarily updated the adapter script to use the second namespace but it is not taking effect in the probe discovery, The communication log still reports root/smis/current.

How do I get this update to sync to the probe?

What else should I be looking at if unable to get a connection?

Thanks

Shane

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "smis_connection", line 49, in DiscoveryMain
File "cim_discover", line 104, in testConnectionWithNamespace
WBEMException: WBEMException: CIM_ERR_FAILED
</log>
<log start="10:59:05" severity="debug">Connecting to namespace 'root/smis/current'</log>
<CONNECT start="10:59:05" duration="0" CMD="client_connect" RESULT="success" type="cim" credentialsId="4932_1_CMS">
<ClientProperties>
<prop name="protocol_index" value="1" />
<prop name="sblim.wbem.httpMPOST" value="false" />
<prop name="protocol_timeout" value="2000" />
<prop name="credentialsId" value="4932_1_CMS" />
<prop name="cm_credential_id" value="4932_1_CMS" />
<prop name="data_externalid" value="" />
<prop name="protocol_type" value="cimprotocol" />
<prop name="secure_transport_enabled" value="true" />
<prop name="cim_namespace" value="root/smis/current" />
<prop name="protocol_netaddress" value="DEFAULT" />
<prop name="ip_address" value="10.58.39.242" />
<prop name="protocol_port" value="5989" />
<prop name="sblim.wbem.httpPoolSize" value="0" />
<prop name="cim_category" value="Storage" />
<prop name="user_label" value="CIM Protocol Credential 1" />
<prop name="document_list" value="" />
<prop name="protocol_username" value="monitor" />
<prop name="protocol_in_use" value="false" />
</ClientProperties>
</CONNECT>
<log start="10:59:05" severity="debug">CIM: Connection failed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "smis_connection", line 49, in DiscoveryMain
File "cim_discover", line 104, in testConnectionWithNamespace
</log>
<log start="10:59:05" severity="debug">Reporting error code 200 to framework.</log>
<log start="10:59:05" severity="debug">Error message is: CIM: Connection failed</log>
<log start="10:59:05" severity="debug">Reporting error code 200 to framework.</log>
<log start="10:59:05" severity="debug">Error message is: CIM: Connection failed</log>
<log start="10:59:05" severity="info">Execution current time:2016/08/16 10:59:05</log>
</execution>

• Hello ShaneV,

I hope you are doing great!

I have been reviewing other tickets related to the general error :

and the problem was associated to the Agent (EMC). I sugges to review the agent aspects and then create a support ticket to receive a deep service .

Best Regards ,