Auto Delete of InstalledSoftware CIs failing

We're having an issue where InstalledSoftware CIs are not auto deleting when the software is removed, but not all the time.

We scanned the target server with a discovery activity and detected the software. An InstalledSoftware CI was created as expected. We immediately removed the software and re-scanned and the CI wss auto deleted as expected. We re-installed the software and went off to do other things for several hours. When we came back, removed the software and re-scanned, the CI was not removed and no re-scan we've tried since seems able to remove it.

We are running UCMDB v10.21 CUP1 on Windows Server 2012. Aging in enabled and the Automatic Deletion options for the Inventory Discovery by Scanner adapter are set to auto delete InstalledSoftware CIs (see attached JPG).

I tried increasing the log levels (not easy to find which ones to turn up, though) and re-trying to see what showed up. The Wrapper Probe GW log on the probe showed entries noting the attempt to auto delete a CI tied to the server CI.
jvm 1 | <2016-04-06 09:57:37,663> 1397119 [INFO ] [AutomaticDeletionQueueMonitor] (AutomaticDeletionDAO.java:418) - Getting Aged Objects for jobID: MZ_TrainingRoom_TR_Project_Inventory Discovery by Scanner, timestamp: 1459949979021, total time: 153, triggerCI: 82e54a1ce6d62da8a1eea223c26f2968 - Total 1 objects were found that are aged
jvm 1 | <2016-04-06 09:57:37,740> 1397196 [INFO ] [AutomaticDeletionQueueMonitor] (AutomaticDeletionHandler.java:193) - Automatic Deletion: [1] CIs were detected as aged and will be removed from CMDB for job [MZ_TrainingRoom_TR_Project_Inventory Discovery by Scanner] and trigger [82e54a1ce6d62da8a1eea223c26f2968] that ran on [1459949979021]
jvm 1 | <2016-04-06 09:57:37,747> 1397203 [INFO ] [AutomaticDeletionQueueMonitor] (AutomaticDeletionHandler.java:203) - Automatic Deletion: Sending a total of 1 Object(s)/Link(s) Deletion for Job MZ_TrainingRoom_TR_Project_Inventory Discovery by Scanner on destination: 82e54a1ce6d62da8a1eea223c26f2968
jvm 1 | <2016-04-06 09:57:37,850> 1397306 [INFO ] [AutomaticDeletionQueueMonitor] (ProbeMgrProgressHandler.java:176) - Trigger [82e54a1ce6d62da8a1eea223c26f2968] for job [MZ_TrainingRoom_TR_Project_Inventory Discovery by Scanner] was finished with success, message was sent to the Gateway.
jvm 1 | <2016-04-06 09:57:37,929> 1397385 [INFO ] [AutomaticDeletionQueueMonitor] (ProbeMgrProgressHandler.java:158) - Execution state of trigger 82e54a1ce6d62da8a1eea223c26f2968 for job MZ_TrainingRoom_TR_Project_Inventory Discovery by Scanner was set to EXECUTION_END, message was sent to the Gateway

But the mam.autodiscovery.results.stat.log on the UCMDB server seems to indicate that it was deleting a winosuser CI.
2016-04-06 09:44:03,923 INFO [Process Results Thread-MZ_TrainingRoom_TR_Project_Inventory Discovery by Scanner] - Processing result of 'MZ_TrainingRoom_TR_Project_Inventory Discovery by Scanner' from probe: 'HPNA-VM' took 969msec. Waiting time (in result processing queue): 0 .Statistics: [Total objects: 8, Total links: 7] Objects - [Input: winosuser(1) nt(1) installed_software(1) ip_address(1) interface(3) inventory_scanner(1) containment(1) composition(6) ] [Added: winosuser(1) composition(1) ] [Updated: installed_software(1) inventory_scanner(1) ] [Removed: 0] Links - [Input: 0] [Added: 0] [Updated: 0] [Removed: 0]
2016-04-06 09:45:14,532 INFO [Process Results Thread-MZ_TrainingRoom_TR_Project_Inventory Discovery by Scanner] - Processing deleted IDs from 'MZ_TrainingRoom_TR_Project_Inventory Discovery by Scanner' from probe: 'HPNA-VM' took 93msec. Statistics: [Total objects: 1, Total links: 0] Objects - [Input: winosuser(1) ] [Added: 0] [Updated: 0] [Removed: winosuser(1) ] Links - [Input: 0] [Added: 0] [Updated: 0] [Removed: 0]

Also, none of the InstalledSoftware CIs are getting their Last Access Time attribute updated anymore. Shouldn't that be getting updated with every successful scan?

Parents
  • Hello;

     

    The update of the CIs Last Access Time is handled once per day (by default) on the probe.  You can see there is a column in the ddm_discovery_results table on the probe (seen through PGAdminIII).  If it is marked with a 'Y' on the 'is_touched' field, then it will be updated by the probe.

    For the installed_software not being removed, check the wrapperProbeGw.log and see if you can see where the installed_software CI is using the autodeletion process.  It should be visible when filtering the redundant results, though you may need to turn some gateway debugging on to see this.  If these hints aren't enough to point you in the right direction, you should probably open a case to get some serious in-depth analysis of this issue.

     

Reply
  • Hello;

     

    The update of the CIs Last Access Time is handled once per day (by default) on the probe.  You can see there is a column in the ddm_discovery_results table on the probe (seen through PGAdminIII).  If it is marked with a 'Y' on the 'is_touched' field, then it will be updated by the probe.

    For the installed_software not being removed, check the wrapperProbeGw.log and see if you can see where the installed_software CI is using the autodeletion process.  It should be visible when filtering the redundant results, though you may need to turn some gateway debugging on to see this.  If these hints aren't enough to point you in the right direction, you should probably open a case to get some serious in-depth analysis of this issue.

     

Children