UCMDB SM integration customization

Hi Expects,

 

I’m using ucmdb 9.03 and I have configured the UCMDB – SM integration to push the switches and routers data from ucmdb to SM.  But during the integration job execution, some of the routers and switches data are not getting populated to SM. When I checked for the reason, the cardinality conditions of the “networkData” tql (Integration->SM sync) are not met for these switches and routers. If I change the cardinality condition, I’m able to push the missing switches and routers data to SM successfully. As modifying the networkData tql this way  may affect the other devices in the integration I tried as follows.

 

I tried with copying the tql “networkData” to “networkDataNew” and modified the cardinality condition in the “networkDataNew” and then created a new SM integration point using this new “networkDataNew”. It pushed the needed data. But this new tql “networkDataNew” is also using the same “network_data1.xlst” configuration file in the ServiceManagerAdapter7-1. As I need to modify this “network_data1.xlst” also for mapping to new fields, I tried to create a new configuration file like “network_data1.xlst” but I could not do this.

 

Please assist me what could be the better approach to handle this without affecting the existing integration..

 

Regards

HR

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi HR,

     

    Yes, this is correct. Please note that you can specify the .xlst extension in the Name box (while creating the new Configuration file, just explicitly specify the extension when typing in the name), also, if you click the Browse("...") button on the right hand side of the Package, you can navigate to "ServiceManager Adapter 7-1" folder, then the Configuration file will be created there.

     

    Regards,

    Irina  

  • Hi Irina,

     

    Thanks a lot for your reply. When I tried by explicitly specifying .xslt extension some time before, it was creating the file with .xml extension even though I specified the .xslt extension. But this time, when I tried the same, it creates with .xslt extension (I wonder why this happens).

     

    But I don't find any Browse("...") button on the right hand side of the Package. So it is getting created under <<No Package>> only.

     

    Please find the attached relevant screenshots for your reference.

     

    Regards

    HR

     

     

  • Hi HR,

     

    Thank you for the clarification.

     

    After further investigation it appears that this is a limitation in UCMDB 9.03, indeed you can not specify the Package for that Configuration file. This is addressed in the version 9.05 (which I used for testing).

     

    As a  workaround for this issue, you can export the Package (from the Package Manager), put the updated configuration file  in there and then import the package back.

     

    Regards,

    Irina