We have this questions which has been asked by different customers(UCMDB 10.10).
- How do you identify computer CI based upon the attributes whether this CI is a Desktop or Laptop. I can say easily by looking at the model but customer queries is when Node role attribute contains Desktop . It will be easy if the Node role attribute contains Laptop. Is there any other workaround for the same or any suggestions.
- The CI attributes does not contain IP address information when a node ci or any ci is opened where as it contains the host name. I know it is separate CI type(IP Address). Is it possibile to bring IP address attribute information in the node ci.
- UCMDB Application takes considerable amount of time to login as the Java applets takes time to load. is there any way to load the java applets at the faster interval on the client systems.
- In Discovery job based on Modules can a data export option be provided in the same screen. We know about the workaround to go and get the data in reporting but it will be good if the export option is provided .
- In discovery job reporting when we export data there is no column which states the CI type. Can this be included.
- In the OOTB Integration between UCMDB and SM. Can all the basic attributes like model information for each of CI to be included so that most of the inventory details can be seen in SM when the OOTB integration is used.
- With respect to Service Modeling can there be a draft of Service Modeling(generic) that can be made available so that we can demonstrate the same to customer and this is the Best practice suggested by HP. We understand that it differs based on each customer but customers want to see a draft from HP.
- Best pratice or recomendation for effective license usuage for discovery.
- in LDAP authentication can a mixed mode be brought just like in BSM.
- Just like MYSM or MYBSM Dashboard avaliabile as part of other tools can we designDashboards in UCMDB so that it can be presented to the Management in one view.
At this moment this are the question which has been asked by different customers.
we would be greatful if we can get answers to the above questions.