IMPORTANT NOTICE:  As of 21 February, anything posted in this community WILL NOT BE MIGRATED to our new community site.   We have pulled all user information and data from this site and are now in an approximately week long process of importing users, roles, and data to our new site.  We are leaving this site open and active so you can post and hopefully get a response until the migration is complete.   Once complete, the URL  that currently takes you to this site will take you to our new site so your bookmarks will work as always.  Please read the information on a New Login Process

Orbix failed to prepare

Hi

I installed JDK 1.6 and Orbix 6.3.3  and then run it in windows 7 and I recieved this error:

STARTING TO DEPLOY: domain sample on host reyhan-PC
COPY RESOURCES C:\Orbix\asp\6.3\templates\etc\admin TO C:\Orbix\etc\domains\sample
COPY RESOURCES C:\Orbix\asp\6.3\templates\etc\log4j TO C:\Orbix\etc\domains\sample
STARTING TO PREPARE: iona_services.management
ERROR: ERROR: could not load java_server: Using configuration scope of "iona_services.management", failed to open shared library; configuration variable "plugins:java_server:shlib_name" is set to "it_java_server". Run with environment variable IT_SHLIB_VERBOSE set to 1 for more information.
FAILED TO PREPARE: service exited with value: 99
FAILED TO DEPLOY: domain sample on host reyhan-PC
Failed to prepare service iona_services.management: exit value 99.
The following errors were reported by the service:

ERROR: could not load java_server: Using configuration scope of "iona_services.management", failed to open shared library; configuration variable "plugins:java_server:shlib_name" is set to "it_java_server". Run with environment variable IT_SHLIB_VERBOSE set to 1 for more information.

please help me

thanks.

• Hi Riha,

Thank you for raising this question with us.

Orbix 6.3.3 is not supported on Windows 7. Please see a full list of our supported platforms on our Product Availability and Support Schedule page:

support.microfocus.com/prodavail.aspx

Can you confirm for which company you work? Perhaps you are entitled to the latest, supported version of Orbix 6.

Thank you and best regards,

Pat

Micro Focus SupportLine

• In reply to Pat Morrissey:

Hi Mr pat,

thank you for answer

I install windows xp on vmware and run Orbix 6.3 sp3 on it

then i get this error egain:

STARTING TO DEPLOY: domain simple on host reyhan-f32dd028

COPY RESOURCES C:\IONA\asp\6.3\templates\etc\admin TO C:\IONA\etc\domains\simple

COPY RESOURCES C:\IONA\asp\6.3\templates\etc\log4j TO C:\IONA\etc\domains\simple

STARTING TO PREPARE: iona_services.management

ERROR: ERROR: could not load java_server: Using configuration scope of "iona_services.management", failed to open shared library; configuration variable "plugins:java_server:shlib_name" is set to "it_java_server". Run with environment variable IT_SHLIB_VERBOSE set to 1 for more information.

FAILED TO PREPARE: service exited with value: 99

FAILED TO DEPLOY: domain simple on host reyhan-f32dd028

Failed to prepare service iona_services.management: exit value 99.

The following errors were reported by the service:

ERROR: could not load java_server: Using configuration scope of "iona_services.management", failed to open shared library; configuration variable "plugins:java_server:shlib_name" is set to "it_java_server". Run with environment variable IT_SHLIB_VERBOSE set to 1 for more information.

• In reply to riha:

Thank you for the update.

Which version of Java was used in this new environment?

Please also set the environment variable "IT_SHLIB_VERBOSE" to 1 to generate detailed shlib information during the deployment.

Thank you and best regards,

Pat

Micro Focus SupportLine