NOTICE: Our Community is moving. Get more information. Updated information on a New Login Process
What would be the reason behind using Annotations for setting scope? when would this work?
Creating an annotation with a mix of components (i.e. cobol, jcl, bms) enables the USER to use the browser or other tools with scope to set to that annotation and limit the number of components that are used for the selection.
1. go to the OPTIONS buttons
2. Scope and remove all the items in the right panel (clear button at the bottom).
3. Double click on the Annotations in the left panel.
4. Press ADD at the bottom.
5. Press OK
In other items under TOOLS drop down, i.e. Metrics, Impact Analysis, Function Point Analysis:
In Analysis Tools:
2. Scope tab
3. Unclick "UNIVERSAL Scope within project"
4. Click "Custom scope within project"
5. Select within the Annotations in the bottom panel.
6. Press OK