NOTICE: Our Community is moving. Get more information. Updated information on a New Login Process
EA Repository is on a networked drive.EA product is installed on a Windows 7 machine with full access to the EA Repository.
Windows 7 machine has a mapped drive to the "Workspaces" directory, with full access granted to everyone.
When logged in locally to the Windows 7 machine, all mapped drives are visible in both windows explorer and the Enterprise Analyzer tool.
If a client is logged in to the Windows 7 machine "remotely", Enterprise Analyzer is still avaibale, but the mapped drives are not visible within the Enterprise Analyzer tool
How can the mapped drives be made visible to the EA Tool?
The solution is to "EnableLinkedConnections" within the Windows 7 registry.
1. Log off of any remote machine(s).
2. Open command prompt “As Administrator” and type REGEDIT, then press enter.
3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
4. Right click in the right hand pane white space, and click NEW, choose DWORD (32-bit) value
5. Name the entry - EnableLinkedConnections, and then press Enter.
6. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
This will allow access to the mapped drives on the Wiondows 7 machine when logged in remotely.