NOTICE: Our Community is moving. Get more information. Updated information on a New Login Process
Using EA to verify DB2 syntax from OS/390 fails, what settings are required?
1. Configure the tool to recognise Relational Databases
- Open Enterprise Analyzer Administration tool
- From the OPTIONS menu, choose CONFIGURE MICRO FOCUS ENTERPRISE ANALYZER
- Make sure "RELATIONAL DATABASES" option is checked on.
Note : If it is not check it on, check it on and click OK - REMEMBER to upgrade the workspace.
2. Change Workspace options to recognise DB2 for OS/390
- Open Enterprise Analyzer, and the required workspace.
- From the OPTIONS menu, choose WORKSPACE OPTIOONS
- Open the VERIFICATION tab
- Open the LEGACY DIALETS tab
- Click on SQL in the left hand pane ot reveal the options in the right hand pane.
- Set SQL Dialect to "DB/2 for OS/390"
- Click Apply, then Click OK
3. Add the source files as normal and verify.
Note : By Default, file extension .DDL refer to OS/390 DB2 SQL and .SQL refer to Oracle PL/SQL, etc.