NOTICE: Our Community is moving. Get more information. Updated information on a New Login Process
When using remote connection to a windows 7 machine, that has a mapped drive onto a Windows Server 2008 machine, workspaces are not visible in the "Open Existing Workspace" dialogue.
What can cause this?
Configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value on the Windows 7 machine (where the mapped drive exists),
To do this follow these steps:
1. Open command prompt “As Administrator” and type REGEDIT, then press enter.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
3. Right click in the right hand pane white space, and click NEW, choose DWORD (32-bit) value
4. Name the entry - EnableLinkedConnections, and then press Enter.
NOTE : If UAC is configured on, (or registry entry EnableLUA = 1), change the value of the ENABLEDLINKCONNECTIONS to 1 from the default.
5. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
6. Remote connect to the Windows 7 machine and browse the machine in Windows Explorer.
If you can see the mapped drives displayed, then the product will display mapped drives and workspaces correctly in the "Open Existing Workspace" dialogue