NOTICE: Our Community is moving. Get more information. Updated information on a New Login Process
With the standard Enterprise Analyzer (EA) installer, Microsoft SQL Server Express will be installed as the database to support the Enterprise Analyzer workspace. Is it possible to manually install EA so that it can be used with a different database, eg Oracle?
It is possible to run the relevant pre-requisites one by one and then install and configure Enterprise Analyser without running the setup.exe and so bypass the install of MS SQL Server Express. It was felt that Micro Focus should provide some database software as you need a database to be present to create a workspace and without a workspace you cannot use the product.
It is recommend that you run setup and remove MS SQL Express rather than manually run the steps performed by setup. If you do encounter problems, then support would need full details together with screenshots showing the issues that you encountered.
All of these exe’s should be run "as administrator" where possible. The items that are run from a Dos prompt should be run from a Dos prompt that has been opened "as administrator".
Items that can be run from Windows Explorer and should be run in the order listed below:
1. en_.net_framework_3.5_service_pack_1_x86_x64_ia64.exe - this installs the .Net 3.5 Framework support files
2. dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe - this installs the .Net 4.0 Framework support files
3. lmsetupx86.msi – this installs the Micro Focus License Manager
4. vs_piaredist.exe - this installs the Microsoft Inter Operability Assemblies.
5. vcredist_x64.exe from vcredist_x64.100 - this installs the Microsoft 64bit C++ 2010 redistributables, might not have been needed as most items are 32bit.
6. vcredist_x86.exe from vcredist_x86.100 - this installs the Microsoft 32bit C++ 2010 redistributables.
7. vcredist_x86.exe from vcredist_x86_20090806 - this installs the Microsoft 32bit C++ 2005 redistributables.
Items that need to be run from an Administrator’s Windows Dos Box:
a. EA.msi /qn /norestart
- from the Enterprise Analyser installation directory, this installs the product in silent mode
b. RescueAdmin.exe –auto
- from Enterprise Analyser/bin directory. Normally under C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\, this does the basic configuration of the product.
The run of EA.msi should create icons for Enterprise Analyser (the exe is RescueNT.exe) and Administration of Enterprise Analyser (the exe is RescueAdmin.exe). If it does not, you will need to manually create the icons. The exe’s live in the Enterprise Analyser\bin directory.
Incident # 2614617