NOTICE: Our Community is moving. Get more information. Updated information on a New Login Process
What is the upgrade path required to move from Modernization Workbench 3.2 to Enterprise Analyzer 3.5?
NOTE:- Modernization Workbench 3.2 installation must be hot fix 11 or above.
If the workspace repository is Oracle, the upgrade path is :
- Full backup of Repositories
- Full backup of ALL workspace directories, including all .RWP files and all sources within the workspace directories.
- Uninstall Modernization Workbench 3.2
- Install Enterprise Analyzer 3.5 plus latest fix packs from SupportLine
- Upgrade each workspace when prompted.
If the workspace repository is NOT Oracle, the upgrade path is more complicated.
- Install Enterprize Analyzer 3.4.
For all workspace repositories (MS SQL Server or Oracle), if the homonyms support is required in Enterprise Analyzer 3.5, the workspace can NOT be upgraded, it must be recreated from scratch.
After Enterprise Analyzer 3.5 has been installed.
- install latest fix packs from SupportLine
- Create New Workspace
- Add all sources
- Reverify all sources.