NOTICE: Our Community is moving. Get more information. Updated information on a New Login Process
After adding a number of source files to a workspace and project, a source file has been removed from the project by using the "Exclude From Project" option. When the file is re-added to the workspace, the message "Already Exists" is returned. How can this source be re-added to the project.?
This solution works for any kind of legacy source.
When source file(s) are added to a project, they are also added to the workspace.
When source files are removed from a project using the "Exclude From Project" option, they remain in the workspace.
When source file(s) are re-added to a project, as they are already in the workspace, the message "Already Exists" is correctly displayed.
To re-add the source files to any project....
1. Open EA
2. From the VIEW menu, choose "ENTIRE WORKSPACE"
3. Expand the workspace entry in the browser pane.
4. Expand the required legacy entity list (PLI FILE, COBOL FILE, etc) under the workspace
5. Highlight the source and right click
6. Choose "INCLUDE INTO PROJECT" from the context menu
7. Choose the project from the list displayed, by highlighting it and click OK
This will add the source to the project selected
To remove source files from a project and a workspace, use the "DELETE FROM WORKSPACE" option, to avoid this complication.