IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of 21 February, anything posted in this community WILL NOT BE MIGRATED to our new community site. We have pulled all user information and data from this site and are now in an approximately week long process of importing users, roles, and data to our new site. We are leaving this site open and active so you can post and hopefully get a response until the migration is complete. Once complete, the URL that currently takes you to this site will take you to our new site so your bookmarks will work as always. Please read the information on a New Login Process
Enterprise Analyzer installation fails with a problem in the Windows Installer Package, how can this be solved?
At first glance, this appears to be a problem with the Enterprise Analyzer product MSI supplied by Micro Focus, however, if the OK option is used, further details of the problem are displayed as follows:
The problem is actually caused by a registration / installation problem with the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
To solve this problem, do the following:
1. Open a DOS Command prompt
2. If using a 64 bit operating system - Type cd C:\windows\SysWow64 and press Enter
3. If using a 32 bit operating system - Type cd C:\windows\system32 and press Enter
4. Type regsvr32 scrrun.dll and press Enter.
NOTE : A message will display with the following: DllRegisterServer in scrrun.dll succeeded.
5. The installation should now be run again "As Administrator".