IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of 21 February, anything posted in this community WILL NOT BE MIGRATED to our new community site. We have pulled all user information and data from this site and are now in an approximately week long process of importing users, roles, and data to our new site. We are leaving this site open and active so you can post and hopefully get a response until the migration is complete. Once complete, the URL that currently takes you to this site will take you to our new site so your bookmarks will work as always. Please read the information on a New Login Process
Does Enterprise Analyzer produce a report or query that shows where PROGRAM-ID is not the same as the source file name (minus extension)?
This exact report or query does not exist in the current Enterprise Analyzer product, however there is a report that can be modified to show this information.
To produce the report...
1. Open Interactive Analysis (HyperView) for COBOL
2. Run the query "General:Sample COBOL Constructs > Programs"
3. Generate the "Detailed" report and save it in .CSV format.
- The first 2 columns show PROGRAM and LIST ITEM
- (Column A) PROGRAM = Source FIle Name
- (Column B) LIST ITEM = PROGRAM-ID
4. The remaining columns on this report are not required and can be deleted.
To identify where the PROGRAM-ID does not match the Source File Name (minus extension), an Excel formulae can be used in the spreadsheet or CSV file.
Add the following formula to cell C3 in the CSV file (next to the first reported line of data)....
The result of the formulae will either be....
TRUE - PROGRAM-ID matches Source File Name (minus extension)
FALSE - PROGRAM-ID does NOT match Source File Name (minus extension)
Copy cell C3 and place it in each cell in column C next to the reported lines of data, to use the formulae for each entry.
Incident # 2818880