IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of 21 February, anything posted in this community WILL NOT BE MIGRATED to our new community site. We have pulled all user information and data from this site and are now in an approximately week long process of importing users, roles, and data to our new site. We are leaving this site open and active so you can post and hopefully get a response until the migration is complete. Once complete, the URL that currently takes you to this site will take you to our new site so your bookmarks will work as always. Please read the information on a New Login Process
How to create a composite tool with specific settings on the options from within the "XML/HTML Project reports - Generate All"
Follow these steps:
1. Go to Revolve, go to Utilities/Options/General Transformation tab:
- turn on "Automatically update the metering charges"
- turn on "Automatically rebuild the cache files"
2. Go to a project to create the composite tool
1. go to Enterprise/Analysis Tools
2. go to "XML/HTML Project reports - Generate All" - edit properties
a. turn on "Allow viewing of source in external editor"
b. turn on "Enable as composite tool" (this is new from the attached rqc file in this KB)
3. Run "XML/HTML Project reports - Generate All" - verify that the options turned on
4. at end of the run, a SET window will appear.
a. in right hand panel, right mouse, CREATE TOOL
b. name this tool - this will be the name of the composite tool
5. Edit the prjbuild.dat file to reflect the name of the composite
tool just created.
6. Run "XML/HTML Project reports - View reports" - verify that the options turned on took effect.
7. close Revolve
TO test out the new tool:
3. Go to folder in Windows Explorer to find the xml and html files that were just created - delete these.
4. From Dos or RUN - use this command:
C:\tps\bin\revolve.exe -xEnterprise -sc:\rv\prjbuild.rqc -l
-x for the extension
-s for the script that you are running with the product
-l to suppress the logo screen that comes up
The attached prjbuild.dat file has as the last item "View reports" - verify that these reports are run and that the option "Allow viewing of source in external editor" works for the user.
4. To share the composite tool with other projects, copy the tool into the other project's ENTERPRISE FOLDER. The composite tool that was created will be in the projectfolder/enterprise called compositetoolname.ct. This file should be copied to the other projects in their ENTERPRISE folder under the project.