IMPORTANT NOTICE:  As of 21 February, anything posted in this community WILL NOT BE MIGRATED to our new community site.   We have pulled all user information and data from this site and are now in an approximately week long process of importing users, roles, and data to our new site.  We are leaving this site open and active so you can post and hopefully get a response until the migration is complete.   Once complete, the URL  that currently takes you to this site will take you to our new site so your bookmarks will work as always.  Please read the information on a New Login Process

• State Not Answered
  • Date
  • Date 4 Jan 2019 0:48
  • Replies 3 replies
  • Subscribers 267 subscribers
  • Views 237 views
Product Documentation

Read Table header from field position

Hi All, 

I want to read column header.

Following is the scenario in one screen I can see selection option like as below 

My cursor position is at Region Type 1.DLI

How to understand its part of Region Type and I selected option 1 or 2.

Please help.

Right now what I am doing is to retrieve Previous field and I get Field Label. But in this case my data is wrong.

• Hi Raman,

Don't you have anywhere in the screen some kind of screen identification?
    I would expect your app to have a screen ID similar to S001 , S003 top left of the screen or elsewhere

Assuming so you can write your own data manipulation code for a specific screen
    Hope this helps
    Adi
  • In reply to AdiA:

Hey AdiA,

We have no specific pre decided screen. On the fly my code module reads screen data.

Do you know any APIs that reads formatted screen data so that I can read format and decide that this location on the screen is part of table.

Do you know any type of pre-written software that reads and provide data for on request ?
  • In reply to raman:

In Rumba 9.5.1 there is support for VBA which is very simple to integrate
    There are methods like:
    String GetScreenText(Integer Row, Integer Column, Integer Length)
    Retrieves current screen text of Length from the specified Row and Column position (1 based).

and Events like
    Void OnActionKeyPressed(String key)
    Void OnCursorPositionChange(Integer row, Integer column)

I don't know what exactly you are after and with which API you prefer to use (HLLAPI, VBA, COM) but for sure the VBA will be the easiest one

Thanks
    Adi