ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

ALM_OCTANE_TECH_PREVIEW header issue

Jump to solution

Can anyone confirm that they're able to use the ALM_OCTANE_TECH_PREVIEW header value with the API. I believe I'm passing this correctly in the headers, but the response is 403 error code.  I'm on the latest version (12.60.47.104) of Octane.

octaneapiout.png

The simplified log below shows the authentication request, followed by another to the preview API.  I'm successful authenticating to Octane, and non-preview API requests work just fine.

[Debug] Connected to Octane: OK
[Debug] ====================================
[Debug] Starting Signin
Authorization: Basic XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Accept: application/json
ALM_OCTANE_TECH_PREVIEW: true

[Debug] Response
[Debug] OCTANE_USER Value is XXXXXXXXXXXXX
[Debug] LWSSO_COOKIE_KEY Value is XXXXXXXXXXXXX

[Debug] Starting Request
Host: 192.168.2.158:8080
ALM_OCTANE_TECH_PREVIEW: true
Set-Cookie: OCTANE_USER=XXXXXXXXXXXXX, LWSSO_COOKIE_KEY=XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Accept: application/json

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thank you for your feedback,

Indeed the audit API is not available yet and planned to be available on November release, even though it was documented.

We will make sure to update the documentation as eventually the feature was not released but the documentation was not updated.

On November release we plan to introduce both Audit API and Activity Log UI which will enable workspace admins in a very simple way to search for past activities and view the entire history of the workspace also via the UI.

stay tuned 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Which tech preview items do you want to access and with which functionality? Then I can try this in my code.

I am using ALM_OCTANE_TECH_PREVIEW = true for some items in the GDPR Content Pack - but I also use the legacy HPECLIENTTYPE="HPE_REST_API_TECH_PREVIEW" since older Octane versions need it.

And openly I was lazy figuring out where I still need the headers or where I could remove them since new Octane versions do not need them any more...

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
Vice Admiral

Thanks Dirk,  I was trying to access the audit resource and getting the 403 error. 

Otherwise my requests are being handled correctly.  I was comparing my code to the published .NET SDK but didn't see any real difference there, but will keep looking.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The online help states the auditing entities are technology preview (https://admhelp.microfocus.com/octane/en/latest/Online/Content/API/Audit.htm). I assume you've used example code from that page to verify your statements? Which exact statement did you try?

But it's strange: When I check against "my" Octane on SaaS environment (12.60.52.74) it shows that the "audit" entity is private...

I assume you use Octane on premise: Could you try setting the legacy configuration parameter "ENABLE_LEGACY_TECH_PREVIEW_CLIENT_TYPE" to true and add the header "HPECLIENTTYPE" = "HPE_REST_API_TECH_PREVIEW"?

Cheers,

Dirk

0 Likes
Vice Admiral

Thanks Dirk, 

Yes I am using Octane on-premise.  The query I'm attempting is very basic:

http://<server>:<port>/api/shared_spaces/<id>/workspaces/<id>/audits

Even tried other variations for workspace, shared_space and site.

I've also tried ENABLE_LEGACY_TECH_PREVIEW_CLIENT_TYPE set to true, with the HPECLIENTTYPE header variable as well. Same result as before.

Interestingly, querying the list of entities doesn't list an audit entity in the result, but I'm not sure whether that's because of the ALM_OCTANE_TECH_PREVIEW setting or not.

-MD

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hi, can you specify which Octane on-prem version are you using? thanks, Sigal
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hi Sigal,
He mentioned " I'm on the latest version (12.60.47.104) of Octane."
Cheers,
Dirk
0 Likes
Vice Admiral

Octane 12.60 CP10

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thank you for your feedback,

Indeed the audit API is not available yet and planned to be available on November release, even though it was documented.

We will make sure to update the documentation as eventually the feature was not released but the documentation was not updated.

On November release we plan to introduce both Audit API and Activity Log UI which will enable workspace admins in a very simple way to search for past activities and view the entire history of the workspace also via the UI.

stay tuned 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.