Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

How to add a follower to an existing defect using REST API?

Hi,

I created a defect in ALM Octane using REST API. I would like few octane users to add as followers for the defect created and get updates whenever defect is updated. How do I do this using REST API? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Please also see my response to your other message at https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ALM-Octane-API-and-Integrations/How-to-add-Relations-to-an-existing-defect-using-REST-API/m-p/2802852#M186

I've found an Octane entity called "notification_item". Please see attached screenshots with the first fields of this entity (it currently has 46 fields on my system):

notification_item.PNG

I've not yet tried this but you could create notifications in Octane and then retrieve them via the REST API. Then you use the results to build your own API statements to create notifications.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi Dirk Hedderich,

Appreciate your response. I have downloaded the excel sheet and looked in octane_module section in which notification_item API does not support POST and has PRIVATE Access.

I don't see notification_item API listed in generic API list.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.