UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Micro Focus application automation tool plugin V6.3 plugin in jenkins throws error

Jump to solution

Hi,

When I add "Micro Focus tests from file system" block in Jenkins Build section breaks job configuration and Save and Apply button do not work.

Thanks in advance for any help

I see below error logs in jenkins. 

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to convert to class com.microfocus.application.automation.tools.model.ProxySettings
at org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl$TypePair.convertJSON(RequestImpl.java:741)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl.bindJSON(RequestImpl.java:478)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl.injectSetters(RequestImpl.java:843)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl.instantiate(RequestImpl.java:793)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl.access$200(RequestImpl.java:83)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl$TypePair.convertJSON(RequestImpl.java:678)
Caused: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to instantiate class com.microfocus.application.automation.tools.run.RunFromFileBuilder from {"fsTests":"","fsReportPath":"","isParallelRunnerEnabled":false,"parallelRunnerEnvironments":[

{"environmentType":"Web","environment":""}

,{"environmentType":"Web","environment":""}],"fileSystemTestSet":

class":"com.microfocus.application.automation.tools.run.RunFromFileBuilder","$class":"com.microfocus.application.automation.tools.run.RunFromFileBuilder"}
at hudson.model.Descriptor.newInstance(Descriptor.java:606)
at hudson.model.Descriptor.newInstancesFromHeteroList(Descriptor.java:1075)
at hudson.model.Descriptor.newInstancesFromHeteroList(Descriptor.java:1037)
at hudson.util.DescribableList.rebuildHetero(DescribableList.java:208)
at hudson.model.Project.submit(Project.java:230)
at hudson.model.Job.doConfigSubmit(Job.java:1335)
at hudson.model.AbstractProject.doConfigSubmit(AbstractProject.java:768)
at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandle.invokeWithArguments(MethodHandle.java:627)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function$MethodFunction.invoke(Function.java:396)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function$InstanceFunction.invoke(Function.java:408)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function.bindAndInvoke(Function.java:212)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.SelectionInterceptedFunction$Adapter.invoke(SelectionInterceptedFunction.java:36)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.verb.HttpVerbInterceptor.invoke(HttpVerbInterceptor.java:48)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.SelectionInterceptedFunction.bindAndInvoke(SelectionInterceptedFunction.java:26)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function.bindAndInvokeAndServeResponse(Function.java:145)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.MetaClass$11.doDispatch(MetaClass.java:536)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.NameBasedDispatcher.dispatch(NameBasedDispatcher.java:58)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.tryInvoke(Stapler.java:766)
Caused: javax.servlet.ServletException
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.tryInvoke(Stapler.java:816)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

I saw that you opened additional ticket in  Jenkins Jira system.

From there, it can be seen that you use Jenkins 2.271.

For now , our plugin supports until  2.263.1 LTS version.

We found some api breaks in jenkins version above 2.263.1 . It will be fix in  next future version of plugin.

Meanwhile, I can propose to you to try one of the supported jenkins versions.

Thanks,

Radi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi.

1.Our latest plugin is 6.5 - can you check if the error occur on latest version of plugin also?

2.As I understand , you try to execute test in Pipeline job, can you try to do similar thing with FreeStyle job.

Thanks

Radislav

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

I have installed V6.5 first but there is a problem with Configuration system section under Manage Jenkins. Save and Apply button not working under configuration system with V6.5.

So I have downgraded to V6.3 which made Configuration system to work as expected.

with V6.3 I get same exception when trying to add "Execute Micro Focus tests from file system" in FreeStyle Job.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

I saw that you opened additional ticket in  Jenkins Jira system.

From there, it can be seen that you use Jenkins 2.271.

For now , our plugin supports until  2.263.1 LTS version.

We found some api breaks in jenkins version above 2.263.1 . It will be fix in  next future version of plugin.

Meanwhile, I can propose to you to try one of the supported jenkins versions.

Thanks,

Radi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.