Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Not able to update the details of automated test - test type,test level & testing tool type by API

I am not able to update the automated test details like test type,test level and testing tool type by REST API POST .../api/shared_spaces/<space_id>/workspaces/<workspace_id>/test-results (https://admhelp.microfocus.com/octane/en/15.0.40/Online/Content/API/how_test-results.htm) and i am following the guide given in below link in xml payload :

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/octane/en/15.0.40/Online/Content/API/test-results.htm

I am getting error for test field that  "Test[0]: Field type Test Level not resolved " and below is my payload xml:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<test_result>
<product_areas>
<product_area_ref id="7634"/>
</product_areas>
<test_fields>
<test_field type = "Test Level" value="System Test"/>
</test_fields>
<test_runs>
<test_run name="Regression_TC01_Test" duration="90" status="Passed" started="1587109891454">
<release name="DemoRelease"/>
<environment>
<taxonomy type="environment" value="QA"/>
</environment>
<error type="error_message" message="environment"/>
</test_run>
</test_runs>
</test_result>

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi

There are some corrections that is going to be  done to this documentation page.

Correct values to test_field type : Test_Level,Testing_Tool_Type,Framework,Test_Type

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Thanks Radislav

Its working !!

Regards

Nazim

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.