Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Updating a suite run report with the REST API ?

Jump to solution

Hello, 

When I click RUN on a test suite, Octane triggers my test runner (a Jenkins Job), and Jenkins triggers another tool.

With Jenkins and a Junit report, I'm able to send a suite run report ... The thing is I don't want to use Jenkins to send the suite run report, I want to use the other tool.

So I decided to test the REST api by calling /test-results endpoint, but whenever I'm tring to update all tests inside a suite run, I can't update the suite run report because Octane always creates a new run inside all tests

My question is : Is it possible to update a suite run report with the REST api ? Or do we have to update it with Jenkins publish junit test report ?

In the attached file I tried to update a planned automated test, which is inside a planned suite run.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The simplest way is to configure jenkins to return test results.

If you need help we can try to help you with it.

If you insist to send test results from external tool, you need to add build context to your payload :

See examples in attached file.

Here is extraction :

<build server_id="943dfc2a-259f-453d-819b-d32d3a542d25" job_id="simpleTests" build_id="42"/>

server_id - is instance id of the plugin, you can find it configuration->devOps->ciServers in column InstanceId (see example in attachment)

job_id - job name that is triggered

build_id - build number of the job

Radi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The simplest way is to configure jenkins to return test results.

If you need help we can try to help you with it.

If you insist to send test results from external tool, you need to add build context to your payload :

See examples in attached file.

Here is extraction :

<build server_id="943dfc2a-259f-453d-819b-d32d3a542d25" job_id="simpleTests" build_id="42"/>

server_id - is instance id of the plugin, you can find it configuration->devOps->ciServers in column InstanceId (see example in attachment)

job_id - job name that is triggered

build_id - build number of the job

Radi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer 🙂

I didn't understand it that way in the documentation, it's working !

Sincerely,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.