ALM Octane Defect Duplication - include relationships

Idea ID 2821784

ALM Octane Defect Duplication - include relationships

As an ALM Octane user, I want defects I duplicate to be related to the original defect, so that I can trace back to Originating investigation & work.

When a Defect is closed and needs to be reopened, our process calls that a new Defect be created as a duplicate. When Creating a duplicate from a closed Defect currently the original defect is in the comments and attachments are copied across.

We would also like to see a traces relationship to the originating defect.
Also a replication of the relationships that existed on the originating defect.

Eg: Defect 1002 is now closed, it was related to MR1020 (detected in), RD1005 & MT2005 (retest of fix)

The issues has returned in the latest release.
Defect 1002 is duplicated into Defect 4006.

Defect 4006 get the following as part of the creation process:

• The attachments from D1002 are attached to D4006.
  • There is a Traces from relationship to D1002
  • There is a replication of the relationships to MR1020 (detected in), RD1005 & MT2005 (retest of fix)
2 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hi @Alex_J 

Thanks for your suggestion, we will add to our backlog that when duplicating a defect we will have an option to select whether to create a relationship to the original defect or not, as in some cases it will not be needed.  (There is no ETA yet)

Thansk,

Adi 

Commander Commander
Commander

Thanks for the update Adi,

I like the idea that it's an option, flexibility for the win 😉

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.