Able to copy requirement including children

Idea ID 2842869

Able to copy requirement including children

We use Requirement of documentation - so each requirement is a section in test report.

But when we need to create new report we need to copy Req plus all the child requirements - this can only be done by copy one-by-one

Would like to be able to right-click on the a Requriement document in the folder structure in the left panel and choose copy.......this would then copy this particular req and structure below to create dublicate

br jesper

3 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

We have this ER on our backlog.

No ETA for its delivery yet.

Admiral
Admiral

So can you please explain how user are supposed to work with documents within the requirement module?

If I have a document say a Test report which consist of many children (subsection in document) I do have the need to create new test report and would like to reuse existing one as starting point.

If the existing report has 38 sections (children) i would need to duplicate 38 times and reorder to create new report.......is not something we can convince users to actually use. Most be more userfriendly

br jesper

Indeed until ALM Octane support this functionality it will not be a trivial task.

You may try to export requirements to Excel and Import them back.

Note, you will need to adjust the Excel structure to match that of the import.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.