Access to certain defects (not hiding users in the Owner field)

Idea ID 2691210

Re: Access to certain defects (not hiding users in the Owner field)

We have configured so that only some banks can see their own defects......but in the drop-down of Owners users who doesn't have access can be chosen.

This is quite serious for us that this is not possible.....since we have many competing customers in same workspace and they should not be able to know that this solution has been sold to others....

When you enabled defect hiding....this kind of missing. Also when adding Comments with @....users which doesn't have access can be mentioned in a defect which they don't have access too....

Please prioritize this.....have been mentioned to Leo months ago...

br jesper

6 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Could you use separate workspaces for each customer / bank and then use cross-workspace features of Octane Enterprise? As far as I know we are adding more and more cross-workspace features over time.

Regards,

Dirk

Jesper Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Yes, I know it can be solved with many workspaces....but we have around 10 different for now. But it also means our developers has to be working in 10 different workspaces.......I know from CP9 you can view all assigned cases within same workspace, but makes is to heavy to control as estimates also has to be done etc...

This is clearly a missing functionality of the data access control.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hi Jesper,

the use case is clear, but as Dirk mentioned below, in case you need to hide users, the only way to do it in Octane currently is to separate workspaces (within the same shared space so you can use sharing capabilities between these workspaces).

as for now we plan to continue the support for data hiding on Tests, Stories and Features. we will consider also adding to Data Hiding agenda the functionality to hide users, but this is not planned for the short term agenda, so in case you have an immediate need for that, i would recommend so separate workspaces.

Regards,

Sigal

Sigal

Outstanding Contributor.

it's just a problem if you have let say 10-15 customers and they all have the same product to be tested it's a mess to have so many different workspaces.

Also the customers are wondering why they see competitors and wondering if the have access to their defects (which they have not using data access). So the data access is working fine - but "it's missing a leg" by not being able to hide users which cannot be assigned anyway

br jesper

Hi Jesper,

Thank you for clarifying the use case. As i mentioned, Data hiding for users is currently not planned as part of the short term agenda for data hiding.

I have opened this request for votes

Regards,

Sigal

Outstanding Contributor.

Lovely thanks - all I need is some votes:)

When hiding defects you usually also want to hide the users who has created them...

br jesper

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.