Add Search function into the Relation Tab pop-up Window

Idea ID 2832529

Add Search function into the Relation Tab pop-up Window

It would be great when relating Entities in MF ALM Octane that there is a search function (not filter) so you can search by any data.

Currently, when relating entities:

1.  You click 'Add Relations' .

2. You select the Relating type i.e. 'User Story (Trace From).

3. This prompts the 'Add user story' pop-up window which has a list of all US.

However, to find the right US you would like to relate, you must scroll through the entire this and hope to find it. An alternative option is to use the filter, however, you will need to know the information of the entity which is slow and cumbersome.

Tags (1)
5 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @SF1 
We already have a search box in the "Add relation" dialog - can you please attach a screenshot?

Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi @yael 

Thank you for the prompt response. Apologies, you are correct. I can confirm there is a search function available.

However, I have not noticed this feature as the magnifying glass icon blends in the background. - Please see screenshot below.

Therefore, would it please be possible to make this feature more visible i.e. this could be by making the Search field static with an outline, etc.

image.png

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Declined

Hi @SF1 

We agree with you it's not that visible in that view

though, today you can see this dialog in other view options like a regular grid and slim grid, and there the search option is more visible.

Thanks

Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi @Gil Backalash 

Thank you for the update. This is a usability issue which has impacted our users with diversity requirements.

Therefore, it would be appreciated if this could be opened and reassessed.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi @SF1,

We aligned this dialog to have the same grid as in all our system

Attaching a screenshot of how it looks today:

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-03 at 14.39.14.jpeg

Do you think it solves the issue? 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.