Add a gui for runs

Add a gui for runs

In Octane GUI, there are no ways to show/filter all the runs (like it exists on ALM.net).

It would be great to have it.

Thanks

12 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Hi @Yann_Helleboid 

Could you please also describe the exact use case (why looking at tests with the last run status does not answer the need)?

Thanks 🙂

Yann_Helleboid Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.
Hi, Getting always the latest status is fine for web based system where the last version is installed for all users. In our telecom context, we have hardware or mixed hard/soft products for which sprint are treated as corrective versions (like cycles in ALM.net) and we have many sprints of many releases in the field at the same time. It is thus necessary for us to know the level of quality of many releases/sprints in parallel. In the test view, we can filter using the right tab on releases but not sprint and we can only set a cross filter on the last run but not on all runs. Thanks

Thanks, this is clear.
Note that with the link to milestone we're working on, you would be able to select a release and milestone in the right pane filter and see the results for that release and milestone.

Trusted Contributor.
This is an other problem I have, I need to link runs to releases and sprints (it is not possible in automated tests), not to milestones A sprint is a period of time, a milestone is not so both has not the same meaning ! Link to milestone could be interesting but does not answer to the need.

Hi,

Another question please - 

let's say tomorrow you could link to releases, milestones and sprints and report on any of them  - would you use all three?

Trusted Contributor.
Hi, Only release and sprints on my company side. But I guess it could be different for different methodologies, it is always better if it is more flexible 🙂
Tuboysdad Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Yael,

We would use all three.

Thanks

kimblerc Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

We are new to Octane and switching over form ALM.net. I'm reading through a lot of the posts to see what others have identified within Octane.

For traceability, it would be nice to have an automated test tied to a release.

We typically track our work and audit based on releases and then cycle (sprints in Octane).

@kimblerc

When you link an automated test to a release, what is the exact meaning of this link? Does it mean that the test was/should be run in this release? Or something else?

kimblerc Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

@yael 

Yes, It would signify that it has been run, or is planed to be run. Otherwise how would you know a breakdown of work completed, manual or automated, that has been completed for that release?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.