Adding scenario-level management

Adding scenario-level management

Hello all,

this is my idea (and needs ^_^).

In a typical NR activity, we create test suites to store targeted gherkin tests that we're planning to run BUT, often, we don't want to run the whole GT scenarious (because of budget-constraint or business-related preconditions not met).

We can already do it (running partially a GT and assigning manually a GT status), but what happens when we report/analyze the quality? We can't drill down on how many scenario of a single GT has been run, so we don't have a clear picture of which scenario has been run and which not and therefore we don't have a real quality/risk analysis for the current activity.

So, what I'm suggesting is to add a "real" scenario entity in Octane (or, at least, an API for retrieving scenario-level informations), in order to manage scenarios and their relations.

Thanks for everybody reading (and voting! ^_^)

Best regars.

2 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

@Gian Luca Zani  agree, this would be a great enhancement

Alex_Irvine Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

@Gian Luca Zani I'm interested in your idea, but I'm struggling  to imagine how it could be implemented.

I'm thinking that perhaps the report from the GR would be split by Scenario.

There would then be a new hierarchy of GT > GR > SR (scenario run) ...but I'm not sure how that could look in the UI.  Maybe the Runs tab is then simply grouped by Scenario name...

As the person who submitted the idea, do you think you could share a rough wireframe/mockup or description of what would be perfect for you/your team!  Maybe my ideas are wildly different to yours.

🙂

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.